Women’s Docking Seminar and Live Demonstration
Free – Courtesy of Hampton Yacht Group
Docking can be nerve wracking — especially in tight spaces, unfamiliar marinas or when the wind or current kicks up. The ability to confidently and competently maneuver a boat in close quarters is the hallmark of a competent skipper and requires a set of skills that usually takes years to perfect and lots of trial and error. It’s inevitable that when conditions are at their worst, you’ll have an audience. Prior planning and practice will not only keep you and your passengers safe but also protect your boat. Docking is a challenge but you can learn to do it!
Instructors: Ben Johnson & Dave Kane. For more information please call 206-623-5200
- Docking Examples – basic docking, docking in tight quarters, docking in wind, undocking
- Steering – turning and swinging, contrary motion and propulsion, pivoting and walking
- Hull Effects – wind, current, momentum
- Human Factors – Take your time, don’t panic, communicate, skippers’ perspective
- How to use lines and fenders
Friday, Sept. 11: 10:00 am – 10:45 am. Women only.
Saturday, Sept. 12: 9:00 am – 9:45 am. Women only.
Sunday, Sept. 13: 9:00 am – 9:45 am
25 minutes classroom training, 20 minutes in-water demonstration